Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Queen Helene Mud Pack Masque: Review

If you aren't using a face mask weekly or biweekly (guilty as charged), you aren't doing your skin justice. While the idea of a face mask almost seems retro- think of how many times it has served as a device for humor or to symbolize "girl time" in cinema- I can assure you that the modern girl can and should reap the scientifically backed benefits of said masque. There's a type of facial mask to benefit every skin type, and as someone with oily, acne-prone skin I'm drawn to the purifying powers of clay and mud masks.



When I purchased the Queen Helene Mud Pack Masque at Marc's for $2.49, I certainly wasn't expecting much. After all, the typical 'mid-range' facial masque is priced at around $20-30 and it only gets more expensive from there (we're talking THOUSANDS of dollars). While I don't doubt that these more expensive treatments work (I admit, I'm a fan of GOOP), I have a hard time believing the price/effect trade off is worth while. Queen Helene's is not only dirt cheap, it provides the sort of instant results that even I would pay triple its current price for.

The 8 oz bottle boasts that it contains a "bonus 33% more", and believe me, every ounce is worthwhile. It has a thick, creamy consistency and a beige color that looks precisely like the "natural" English Clay it is made from. After washing my face, I applied the mask in a thin layer (less than 1/16 of the tube was sufficient) and waited for the mask to harden as instructed. It took slightly longer than the estimated 15 minutes, but I liked that the color lightened as it dried so I knew exactly when I could take it off. Clean up was easy- warm water did the trick without scrubbing, which is good since the color is likely to dirty a washcloth.

The results were, in a word, incredible. My skin looked significantly smoother and more radiant, an effect which lasted visibly throughout the day after the single use. I was thrilled with how much better it made my pores and forehead wrinkles look. This product is ideal for the lucky girls who don't have to wear foundation yet but still want a radiant shine, and just as useful for women looking for a relaxing and effective facial treatment to enhance their complexion. I have no doubt I will be using it as a biweekly treatment from now on.

Bottom line: with a little bit going a long way, this extraordinarily affordable product gives results you can see immediately. No mater how economical you are, the Queen Helene Mud Pack Masque with Natural English Clay is an investment worth making in your skin care regimen.
Order it here for the best online prices:


Price: 10/10
Effectiveness: 7/10
EWG Score: 5 (With moderate concerns for allergies & immunotoxicity)
Overall: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment